Just reblogging so that I will have a reference of it someday.
You can easily add an exception in System->Configuration->Design to send iPhone and Android user agents to your mobile site – but what if you want to have subdomain (e.g. m.yourstorename.com) for mobile then you will have to setup multiple websites in Magento.
Create Multiple Websites in Magento for the website and Mobile Site:
- Create a subdomain ‘m’ for your site, e.g. m.yourstorename.com
- Make sure that the website root directory for the subdomain is the same location where you have magento root directory e.g. public_html/magento
- Setup multiple websites in Magento
- In the admin goto System->Manage Stores
- Click Create Website and enter a name and code, such as ‘Mobile’ and ‘mobile’
- Click Create Store and enter a name for the sotre, such ss ‘Mobile Store’ and select your root category. Note you could set up your categories differently for your Mobile store or use the same as your desktop site.
- Click create…
View original post 275 more words